The Bluetooth speakers and headphones have been one of the most common accessories we have been using almost on a daily basis. Connecting your Bluetooth headphones should not be a difficult task under ideal conditions.
As long as you have the built-in Bluetooth connectivity on your Windows PC or laptop, it should be a quite easier task just the same way as you would pair your smartphones with each other for transferring your data or any other content.
In case, you are facing any issues, the following tutorial should be helpful for you.Click here to watch the video on how to connect your Bluetooth headphones to PC or continue with the guide…
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PC on Windows 10?
Adding a Bluetooth device to your Windows 10 PC should be quite simple and easy to follow.
Just look for the correct options on your settings app on your PC, or on Control Panel (check this guide for all the ways to open control panel in Windows) and set the Bluetooth up on your PC.
No matter which Bluetooth device are you planning to connect – Bluetooth Speakers, headphones, keyboard or mouse – the process will be the same. Even then, there are cases where you may find it impossible to connect your Bluetooth Headphones to your computer running Windows 10.
Before you move on to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows PC on Windows 10, make sure you meet the following conditions –
- Check if you have configured Bluetooth connectivity properly on your Windows 10 PC. If you are not able to connect to any of the Bluetooth devices, it could be an issue with your PC configuration. More on that later.
- Ensure that your headphones are charged properly. A discharged headphone can be an issue.
- Check the range of the headphone. If you exceed the range or there are any obstacles, you may end up losing connectivity.
Well, once you have made sure that you have all those things are in place, check for the instruction manual for your Bluetooth headphone and keep it handy. Not essential, but just in case you need to check something if you hit a roadblock.
Pairing Your Headphones
Well, Bluetooth connectivity works on the basis of pairing. The two devices you are trying to connect should be in range and detect each other if you want to pair them.
In order to avoid your Bluetooth devices from connecting to each other in an unauthorised manner, you would need to provide an authentication and approve the connection on the receiving device. Or if you are pairing the two devices, the passcodes on either of them should match.
This authentication requires a manual intervention and confirmation. Once the two devices are paired and configured to recognise each other, you will have no issues connecting them subsequently.
In the case of headphones, you have no access to a display. That would make them opt for another method for authentication of a connection. That is exactly why we suggested you to keep the headphone manual ready.
If the headphone manual is not available, lost or the information is not available on it – it would be advisable to check the official product page on the manufacturer website for details. Most of the products these days come with an online manual.
Consult your manual to find what method does your Bluetooth headphone employs for the purpose of pairing. Ideally, the steps would involve pressing, long pressing or sliding a button as the case may be. The option will entirely be dependent upon the make and model of your headphone.
Connecting Bluetooth Headphone to Windows 10 PC
Windows 10 allows you to connect to a Bluetooth device through two options. You can do so either from the Settings app or from the good old Control Panel. We would prefer doing it through Settings app because that is where we control most of the tasks on our Windows 10 PC or laptop.
Follow these steps to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 PC through Settings app:
- Click on the START menu ( the Windows Logo at the leftmost end of your taskbar). Choose the Gear icon to reach Settings. You may also opt for Settings app by typing Settings in the search bar.
- Go to Devices group and click on it.
- On the sidebar, choose Bluetooth and other Devices.
- Choose Add Bluetooth or Other Device
- Windows 10 will now begin searching for the devices within the range.
- Once found, it will list the devices visible to it within the range. The list may also contain the Bluetooth device previously paired to your Windows 10 PC.
- Tap on the concerned device on your PC, and press the button meant for pairing on your headphone.
- Your device will not be detected by Windows 10 PC unless it is in the pairing mode.
- Once the Bluetooth headphone has been detected and paired, you can use it seamlessly without the need for pairing it again.
If you are using the Control Panel option for connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 PC, follow the steps here below –
- Search for Control Panel through the search bar.
- Choose Control Panel from the search results.
- Choose Category View from the top right corner.
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- On the next page, click on Devices and printers
- You should find the option for adding the Bluetooth device
What if The Bluetooth Device Fails to Connect?
The above method should easily help you connect your Bluetooth Headphones to your Windows 10 PC. In case it fails to connect even after repeated attempts, it could be because of the driver issues you may be facing with your Windows 10. Updating the driver can solve the issues most of the times.
It could be possible that the Bluetooth driver on your Windows PC may have gone outdated. Ideally, Windows Update keeps the drivers updated on Windows. Check if you have deactivated the Windows Update Service. If you have, it would be a good idea to configure it to download and install updates as they are available.
Follow these steps –
- Go to Settings app on your Windows 10 as in the above tutorial.
- Click on Update And security group.
- On the side bar, click on Windows Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- Windows 10 update service will start searching for updates.
- It will find the updates if any and install them automatically.
Troubleshooting Bluetooth Headphone Issues
There are times when you may find that your Bluetooth headphones are not detected by your Windows 10 PC. There are several issues that may be affecting you while attempting to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 PC.
If you are facing any of the issues like Bluetooth headphones are not detected by Windows 10 or any similar issues with Bluetooth audio devices connectivity issues on your Windows 10 PC, the following tips may turn helpful enough.
Fix 1 – Enable Bluetooth Support service on your Windows 10
The Bluetooth Support Service on your Windows 10 PC may have stopped working or been disabled. If that is the case on your device, follow the steps below to address the concern:
- Launch RUN box by pressing Windows key and R key.
- Type in Services.msc and press ENTER
- From the Services window, locate the Bluetooth support services
- Double click on it to open it.
- Under the General tab, choose Manual for the Start-up Type and click on START under Service Status.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
Fix 2 – Modify Realtek Audio Settings
If you have Realtek HD Audio on your Windows 10 PC, it can conflict with your Bluetooth headphones connecting with your Windows 10 PC. Follow the steps below to address this issue.
- Launch the RUN dialog box by following the steps indicated in the above method.
- Type in Control Panel and press OK to launch Control Panel
- Locate and click on Realtek HD Audio Manager. You will find it under Control Panel only if it has been installed on your Windows 10 PC.
- Under the Connector settings, locate the option for Disable front panel jack detection
- Check the box to disable the detection.
Fix 3 – Configure Your Headphones as the default Audio Device
Configuring your Bluetooth headphones as the default device for audio playback can help you achieve the desired result and make your headphones connect with your Windows 10 PC.
Here are the steps you can follow to make it work:
- Right click on the speaker icon and click on Playback devices
- Another option to reach this status is to search for Sound in the search bar and choose it from search results.
- Choose your Bluetooth Headphones from the list.
- Click on Set as default
- Click on Apply and then OK
If you do not find your Bluetooth Headphones in the list, choose Speaker/headphones and set it as default. This should make your headphones or any connected headphones as the default playback device and resort the issue of Bluetooth headphones not working with your Windows 10 PC.
Fix 4 – Update Your Sound Drivers
If you are facing the No Sound error on your Bluetooth devices, or Bluetooth headphones Not Working error on your Windows 10 PC, the sound drivers can be one of the major issues that would be affecting your connectivity issues.
Either your Sound drivers may be outdated or have been corrupted. In either case, uninstalling the existing driver and updating it with the correct driver can resolve the Bluetooth headphones connectivity issue on your Windows 10.
Follow the steps here to resolve the issues –
- Launch Device Manager. You can do this by typing in Device Manager in the search bar and choose it from the search results.
- Look for the Audio inputs and Outputs and expand it to find the entries under it.
- Right click on each of them and click on Update Driver from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for the driver upgradation.
- Follow the same procedure for the Sound, Video and Game Controllers
Once the Sound Drivers are updated, your Bluetooth headphones will be detected and start working.
However, please note that updating the drivers may not be an easy task. Ensure that you are tech savvy enough to go through the procedure. The best way you can go through is to opt for the Windows Update option and check if the updated drivers are available through the Windows Update.
You can even consider opting for your PC device manufacturer for the updated drivers. Ideally, the updated drivers are available on the manufacturer website for your PC or laptop. Download the relevant driver from the manufacturer website and update your Sound drivers.
The Parting Thoughts – Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Windows 10 PC
Well, those were a few steps involved in connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 PC. Connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 PC and enjoy the seamless wireless audio experience on the move. Opt for an excellent high-quality sound and louder audio performance.
No matter whether you are playing your favourite games, watching movies or just listening to music – enjoy your favourite moments without disturbing your surroundings.
Windows 10 offers you an excellent audio performance. But the tiny speakers on your laptop or PC may not be able to reproduce the kind of audio effects you are looking forward to. Opting for the best wireless experience without the need for tangles of wires should be the best experience you would go with.
Follow this tutorial for connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows PC and enjoy the blissful music to your heart’s content. Also, share your inputs with us about what you felt about the tutorial we have presented above.